The Good Shepherd Parent Club actively helps families to participate in fundraisers and school-wide community builders. Each family is asked to give 35 service hours per school year. Gifts of time and talent to Good Shepherd Catholic School include a wide variety of activities such as room parenting, assisting with field trips, fundraisers, attending parent/teacher conferences, etc. Opportunities for volunteering will be listed in the Ram Review, emails through the room parent, in the letters that classroom teachers post to their web pages, and in ParentWeb at www.RenWeb.com.
The Parent Club usually meets four times per year and hosts the annual fall and spring fundraisers.
The purpose of the Parent Club shall be to support Good Shepherd Catholic School. The Parent Club is accountable to the principal who must approve all officers, adoption of all resolutions, and any amendments to this constitution and/or bylaws. In fulfilling its purpose the Parent Club will have the following objectives:
• To work in conjunction with the Good Shepherd Catholic Board of Directors to broaden understanding and foster appreciation of Catholic education;
• To assist in the operation of the school as needed through volunteer activities;
• To raise the appropriate funds for the support and benefit of the school;
• To develop within a Christian community, positive relations among parents, students school faculty and the parish;
• To enable the entire school and parish community to achieve its stated mission and goals within the school's philosophy.
The Parent Club helps with various projects and events throughout the school year that specifically benefit the entire school. Examples include: Back to School Night, Back to School BBQ, Drive 4 Schools, the Harvest Festival, the Annual Spring Auction, Classroom Projects for the Annual Auction, Teacher Appreciation, Teacher Gifts, Dining for Dollars, Pizza Wednesdays and occasional help with school maintenance projects.
For additional information, please contact Laurie Ross, President and/or Jenny Putney, Vice President